You are what’s happening in 2015.
Hello and a belated Happy New Year! As the first official post of What’s Happening in Romance for 2015, I wanted to take a step back from my usual reporting of romance news from around the interwebs, and focus on the biggest romance industry news makers of every year..YOU!
Readers, writers and reviewers shape this industry, but during the course of a year of best sellers, pseudo scandals…real scandals, and genre mash-ups, sometimes it’s easy to forget that the core of the romance world are the ones that create, read, love, loathe, hoard and share books. What makes this community so great is that you can belong to any of the groups above in any variation/combination that makes you content. I happen to be a reader and writer who also likes sharing books that I’ve both loved and loathed. Whereas, a dear friend of mine is a reader who likes to love and hoard books, like a pirate protecting her booty.
In short…or long, I want to take some time and interview YOU and get your thoughts on the industry moving into 2015. So Newsmakers, here are some questions for you:
- What book most impressed you in 2014? (I know it’s hard to pick a favorite, so feel free to list more than one)
- What books are you most looking forward to reading this year?
- What genre are you SO over and ready to see become less popular?
- What type of book are you ready to see more of in 2015? Sci-fi romance? Motorcycle clubs? Vampire Lawyers?
- What are your favorite or most hated romance novel cliches?
- Do you plan on attending any reader or author events this year? Which ones?
Feel free to answer any or all of the above. I can’t wait to hear from you all!
…Oh and this…
I couldn’t end the first post of the new year without some bookshelf porn. Here is a bed built for a reading queen 🙂
Laurel Cremant is an opinionated author and reader of romance with a wicked sense of humor. RNIC was smart (or crazy) to bring her on as a blogger. Come back on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month to get her romance industry news…with a colorful twist.