Welcome to RNIC Love Bites! The first three Tuesdays of every month, Romance Novels in Color posts a writing prompt at 7:00 am EST and challenges you—authors and aspiring authors—to demonstrate what excellent writers you are.
Readers, we want you to participate, too! RNIC Love Bites commenters will be entered in a weekly drawing.
Rules for Participating Authors
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a flash fiction story (1000 words or less) in the comments. Think you’ve got what it takes? Keep reading.
- Based on the writing prompt below, enter a flash fiction story of 1000 words as a comment. Entries over 1000 words will be deleted.
- Write at the heat level you feel comfortable. Remember, this is an opportunity to shine and give readers a sample of your work. There will be no censorship, but the usual no-no’s apply—beastiality, incest, golden showers, etc.
- Below the story, enter the following:
- Website, if applicable
- The genre(s) you write in, if applicable. Choose as many as apply from the following: contemporary romance, historical romance, inspirational romance, LGBT, new adult, paranormal & urban fantasy, romantic suspense, sci-fi/fantasy, young adult, romantic comedy, other:____.
- Optional: The title of a published story you’ve written which includes a hero or heroine of color, and a brief description. (NOTE: You do not have to list a novel, but if you do, please make sure it’s a romance novel that features a hero or heroine of color to adhere to our mission of promoting the awareness and appreciation of diversity in romance novels.)
- Deadline to enter: Friday, 09/11/15 at 11:59 PM EST.
Benefits to Participating Authors
- Reach a wider audience of readers who may not be familiar with your novels.
- Exercise your writing muscles.
- Each week RNIC will gift a romance novel to a lucky reader, and that novel may be yours!
- Aspiring authors, start building brand awareness.
Rules for Participating Readers
- You have a chance to win a novel by one of the participating authors! Just write a comment answering the question after the writing prompt.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Deadline to enter: Sunday, 09/13/15 at 11:59 PM EST.
TODAY’S WRITING PROMPT
Start with this line: Her laugh broke the silence.
Readers, what do you think about this week’s Love Bites stories?
Come back next Tuesday for the last writing prompt of the month.