Welcome to RNIC Love Bites! The first three Tuesdays of every month, Romance Novels in Color posts a writing prompt at 7:00 am EST and challenges you—authors and aspiring authors—to demonstrate what excellent writers you are.
Readers, we want you to participate, too! RNIC Love Bites commenters will be entered in a weekly drawing.
Rules for Participating Authors
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a flash fiction story (1000 words or less) in the comments. Think you’ve got what it takes? Keep reading.
- Based on the writing prompt below, enter a flash fiction story of 1000 words as a comment. Entries over 1000 words will be deleted.
- Write at the heat level you feel comfortable. Remember, this is an opportunity to shine and give readers a sample of your work. There will be no censorship, but the usual no-no’s apply—beastiality, incest, golden showers, etc.
- Below the story, enter the following:
- Website, if applicable
- The genre(s) you write in, if applicable. Choose as many as apply from the following: contemporary romance, historical romance, inspirational romance, LGBT, new adult, paranormal & urban fantasy, romantic suspense, sci-fi/fantasy, young adult, romantic comedy, other:____.
- Optional: The title of a published story you’ve written which includes a hero or heroine of color, and a brief description. (NOTE: You do not have to list a novel, but if you do, please make sure it’s a romance novel that features a hero or heroine of color to adhere to our mission of promoting the awareness and appreciation of diversity in romance novels.)
- Deadline to enter: Friday, 09/11/15 at 11:59 PM EST.
Benefits to Participating Authors
- Reach a wider audience of readers who may not be familiar with your novels.
- Exercise your writing muscles.
- Each week RNIC will gift a romance novel to a lucky reader, and that novel may be yours!
- Aspiring authors, start building brand awareness.
Rules for Participating Readers
- You have a chance to win a novel by one of the participating authors! Just write a comment answering the question after the writing prompt.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Deadline to enter: Sunday, 09/13/15 at 11:59 PM EST.
TODAY’S WRITING PROMPT
Start with this line: Her laugh broke the silence.
Readers, what do you think about this week’s Love Bites stories?
Come back next Tuesday for the last writing prompt of the month.
Laurel Cremant is an opinionated author and reader of romance with a wicked sense of humor. RNIC was smart (or crazy) to bring her on as a blogger. In 2016 she took over the management of this site and relishes her new title of “Overlord of Awesome”