Welcome to RNIC Love Bites! The first Tuesday of every month, Romance Novels in Color posts a writing prompt at 7:00 am EST and challenges you—authors and aspiring authors—to demonstrate what excellent writers you are.
Readers, we want you to participate, too! RNIC Love Bites commenters will be entered in a drawing.
Rules for Participating Authors
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a flash fiction story (1000 words or less) in the comments. Think you’ve got what it takes? Keep reading.
- Based on the writing prompt below, enter a flash fiction story of 1000 words as a comment. Entries over 1000 words will be deleted.
- Write at the heat level you feel comfortable. Remember, this is an opportunity to shine and give readers a sample of your work. There will be no censorship, but the usual no-no’s apply—beastiality, incest, golden showers, etc.
- Below the story, enter the following:
- Website, if applicable
- The genre(s) you write in, if applicable. Choose as many as apply from the following: contemporary romance, historical romance, inspirational romance, LGBT, new adult, paranormal & urban fantasy, romantic suspense, sci-fi/fantasy, young adult, romantic comedy, other:____.
- Optional: The title of a published story you’ve written which includes a hero or heroine of color, and a brief description. (NOTE: You do not have to list a novel, but if you do, please make sure it’s a romance novel that features a hero or heroine of color to adhere to our mission of promoting the awareness and appreciation of diversity in romance novels.)
Benefits to Participating Authors
- Reach a wider audience of readers who may not be familiar with your novels.
- Exercise your writing muscles.
- Each week RNIC will gift a romance novel to a lucky reader, and that novel may be yours!
- Aspiring authors, start building brand awareness.
Rules for Participating Readers
- You have a chance to win a novel by one of the participating authors! Just write a comment answering the question after the writing prompt.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Deadline to enter: Sunday, 10/11/15 at 11:59 PM EST.
TODAY’S WRITING PROMPT
It’s the last night of your best friend’s destination wedding and you’re seated at the bar having a drink before you go to bed and fly out the next morning. The bartender hands you a martini and says, “For you. Compliments of the man in the corner booth.” You glance over and see your friend’s cousin, someone you’ve had your eye on the entire trip, but never approached. What happens next?
Readers, what do you think about this week’s Love Bites stories?