I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus these last few weeks…When I finally get my head straight, I may share some of the reasons behind it. Until then I will admit that I’ve been suffering through a bout of depression and am slowly working my way through it.
Getting up every day and going to my day job has helped. So has finding projects around the house to keep my mind and body occupied. Perusing the web has also been helpful. Below are a few tings that made me smile this week. I’ve learned that laughter is indeed a great form of therapy:
1. This great article over at Bustle.com: 24 LGBTQ Books With A POC Protagonist, Because It’s Time To Diversify Your Reading List
2. This Tipsy Bartender video:
3. This comic shared on Feminists United Facebook page:
4. These videos on PopSugar:
5. The Skai Jackson v. Azalia Banks Twitter war (blood bath). Awesomely Luvvie has the best recap of the event. Voted as the thing that made me cackle out loud this week.