It’s the Fourth of July here in the states, otherwise known as Independence Day. To celebrate, I’ve already recommended a great romance anthology for the day. Read it, read it read it! …Ahem…Anyway, now I want to share one of my favorite summer drink recipes, Red White n’ Blue Frosted Sangria! It is both crazy delicious and a great patriotic accessory for your day.
Red White n’ Blue Frosted Sangria
- 1 cup Frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries and blackberries)
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 cup Riesling wine
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Sugar (or sugar of choice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend/Pulse until smooth. The result will be thick like sherbet.
- Spoon into your favorite wine glass and add a splash or two of Riesling and enjoy!
That’s it! You can either follow my instructions and add a splash of wine to your glass at the end, or forego the additional splash and grab a spoon. Then you’ll have a Red White n Blue Sangria sherbet instead 🙂 Either way you’ll have a great way to beat the heat.
Hope you all have a great Independence Day!
Laurel Cremant is an opinionated author and reader of romance with a wicked sense of humor. RNIC was smart (or crazy) to bring her on as a blogger. In 2016 she took over the management of this site and relishes her new title of “Overlord of Awesome”