Hey everyone, let’s welcome Barbara Joe to the blog today.
Barbara Joe Williams is a bestselling author, editor, proofreader, publisher, publishing consultant, and motivational speaker living in Tallahassee, Florida. She is a Navy veteran, a graduate of Tallahassee Community College, and Florida A & M University.
She is the owner of Amani Publishing, LLC, and the co-founder of the Tallahassee Authors Network (TAN). Her Facebook group is titled: Barbara Joe Reads & Writes!
She has published over fifty authors and the following titles for herself: A Night to Remember (novelette); Holiday Hotel 3; Love Never Felt So Good; A-Z Basic Editing Tips; A-Z Writing Tips; Holiday Hotel 2; A-Z Marketing Tips; A Cup of Barbara Joe; Holiday Hotel; Forgive Us This Day (Anniversary Edition) featured in USA Today; First Class Love; You Don’t Even Know My Name (novella); A Writer’s Guide to Publishing & Marketing (Volume 2); Double Proposal; Losing My Soul; A Man of My Own; The 21 Lives of Lisette Donavan (Anthology); Moving the Furniture: 52 Ways to Keep Your Marriage Fresh; How I Met My Sweetheart (Anthology); Courtney’s Collage, Falling for Lies; Dancing with Temptation; and Forgive Us This Day.
Barbara has also published a four-book, Young Adult series titled, Bell Bottom High, under the pen name of B.J. Williams.
Forgive Us This Day (Anniversary Edition) is a rewritten version of the original title released in November 2004. She added more background on the main character and more drama for your reading pleasure in 2014.
Barbara was also featured in the January/February 2016 edition of Tallahassee Magazine as one of the Top 5 graduates of Tallahassee Community College.
All of her books are available on Amazon, BN, Kindle, and Nook.
- What is the most romantic gesture you’ve ever received? The most romantic gesture that I’ve ever received was from my husband. He came home from work one day with cruise tickets to the Bahamas for our anniversary.
- What do you do for fun? I like to read romantic stories, write romantic stories, and travel to exciting places with family or friends.
- Who would play you in the movie about your life and why? I would probably ask Tichina Arnold to play me because she’s such a versatile actress and funny. I think she would do a great depiction of my life. She favors me, and I’ve been told that I’m funny.
- What are your favorite types of movies to watch? I’m a romantic at heart so I love watching romance movies, especially on the Lifetime channel. One of my favorite movies is, Love Jones.
- What types of books are on your bookshelf at home? I have a lot of romance, women’s fiction, some nonfiction titles, and a collection of poetry. I also have several resource books for writing, publishing, and editing.
- Name some of your favorite authors who do not write romance. My favorite authors who do not write romance would include: Terry McMillan, Kimberla Lawson Roby, and ReShonda Tate Billingsley.
- Are you a good girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband? Explain why or why not. Yes, I believe I’m a good wife because I’ve been married for 35 years. If I wasn’t any good at being a wife, he probably would have divorced me by now.
- What is your favorite body part on a man or woman? My favorite body part on a man is the part that makes him a man because I have all the other parts.
- Do you have a single book or character that’s dear to your heart, and why? Yes, Forgive Us This Day will always be dear to my heart because it was my first published novel. Those are the characters that I love the best and remember the most about.
- Which of your books has sold the best so far and why do you think that is? My best selling fictional titled is Double Proposal. It was my first title to become an Amazon bestseller in 2013, and it continues to sell each month. I think it’s because it’s a realistic story about a full-sized sistah with two marriage proposals.
Barbara will be giving away an ebook copy of A Night to Remember. Answer the question in the comments section to enter to win.
Kimberlee is an avid reader, book reviewer and blogger. When she isn’t reading a book or writing an article she is playing around with recipes in her kitchen.